Thursday, January 19, 2012

Peppermint Pop Rocks

Candy canes = holidays! Pop rocks = wow!



Who doesn't like a little spark in their life? Ever since I discovered pop rocks in the 80s, I haven't been shy about pouring half a bag of pop rocks into my mouth in the middle of a conversation. I love the crackling sound of the candy on my tongue as I stand with my mouth wide open, wondering if others are as impressed with the sound of my retro-candy. (Some are, some aren't... ahem, haters.)

Pop rocks and crushed candy canes made a great combination for ice cream. I love the bright pink color and the vibrant flavor -- it reminded me of the peppermint pies made in Wellesley, MA. The pop rocks pack the best punch if you eat the ice cream immediately after churning.

I wonder what would happen if I made a pop rocks ice cream float with soda? I think another urban legend may be brewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment